The Intensive Physical Rehabilitation program done at our facility is a program
supervised by therapists, specifically designed for individuals with nervous
system disorders, injuries, or diseases. This program aims to enhance functionality, alleviate
symptoms, and improve the overall well-being of the patient.
The purpose of a neurological rehabilitation program is to cater to unique needs, taking into account the specific disease or problem. This is achieved through a comprehensive evaluation, followed by the establishment of realistic goals within a specified timeframe, with the involvement of you and your family, which is crucial for the program's success. The ultimate aim of neurological rehab is to assist in achieving the highest level of function and independence, while also improving the physical, emotional, and social well-being, thus enhancing the overall quality of life.
To help reach these goals we will have a dedicated team of Physical Therapists, Speech Therapists and Occupational Therapists. Rehab programs may include:
- Help with activities of daily living (ADLs). such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, handwriting, cooking, and basic housekeeping
- Speech therapy to help with speaking, reading, writing, or swallowing
- Activities to improve mobility (movement). muscle control. gait (walking). and balance
- Exercise programs to improve movement. prevent or decrease weakness caused by a lack of use, manage spasticity and pain, and maintain range of motion
- Social and behavioural skills retraining
- Activities to improve cognitive impairments. such as problems with concentration, attention, memory, and poor judgment
- Help with obtaining assistive devices that promote independence
- Education and counselling
- Safety and independence measures and home care needs Pain management